Manager Level Biotech Production
If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity — a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals — it’s time to consider Our client.
Founded on the principle that strong science would lead to important new medicines, Our client has become an integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions.
This position provides direction and leadership for manufacturing programs and oversees implementation of commercial manufacturing production schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages all aspects of respective areas of operations.
- Implements technology transfer as required.
- Drafts and implements long-term planning for the process, staff, and budget.
- Performs personnel management functions (i.e. annual employee evaluations, coaching, disciplining, etc.).
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Makes decisions; develops and implements policies.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are effectively administered and that they comply with regulatory requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database management, statistical analysis, graphing, scheduling, and presentation software;
- Working and practical knowledge of respective process technologies;
- Process problem solving skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate in large group and small group settings;
- Strong knowledge of cGMP and international regulations.
- Ability to excel and be a leader in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Education and Experience:
- Requires BS/BA in Life Sciences or related field with 7+ years of relevant cGMP manufacturing experience and 5+ years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Experience managing a large group required
- Direct experience presenting to regulatory agencies strongly desired;
- Experience scheduling required;
- Ability to learn aspects of biotech manufacturing (if lacking direct experience) required.