Business Intelligence Developers
We are seeking six Business Intelligence Developers to develop and maintain healthcare analytical and reporting solutions. One position will focus on physician pay for performance and rate adjustment reporting. Two positions will focus on developing the environment for a new accountable care organization (ACO) product line. Two positions will focus on Quality (e.g., GPRO, HEDIS) and intervention reporting. The sixth position will focus on supporting the reporting needs for a new Case Management function.
Healthcare Business Intelligence Developer
Under the general supervision of the Business Intelligence Manager, the Business Intelligence Developer performs a variety of tasks to deliver business intelligence reporting and analytical solutions that exceed customer expectations in content, accuracy, reliability and performance. The incumbent will develop scalable, well-performing analytics and reporting. This requires expert technical skills in business intelligence.
Your specific duties as a Business Intelligence Developer will include:
• Documenting SSAS cubes, SSRS packages and Crystal Reports
• Maintaining technical documentation as changes occur.
• Working closely with the Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Architect and Business Intelligence Manager to develop reporting and analytical solutions for the organization,
• Working closely with the Business Intelligence Manager and Data Management Director to ensure tasks are identified and appropriately estimated
• Designing, coding and testing SSAS cubes, SSRS packages and SQL Server stored procedures based on available staff and project deliverable timelines.
• Analyzing data quality issues
• Working on multiple development efforts as determined by the priorities of the department’s workload.
• Serving the needs of all entities under the CLIENT’S umbrella, and is required to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality in all phases of the project.
• Working in a complex environment while working on development projects and maintaining the existing production environment
As a Business Intelligence Developer you must be self-motivated and well organized. You must be able to apply initiative in carrying out assigned tasks. You must also have strong analytic and problem-solving skills as well as strong time-management skills. You must also have excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of health care business processes and terminology is preferred.
Specific qualifications for the Business Intelligence Developer position include:
• Bachelor degree from accredited college or University in Information Systems, Business Administration, Health Care Informatics or closely related field
• Minimum: Seven years of Information Technology experience
• Minimum: Four years as Business Intelligence Developer
• Minimum: Three years experience with SSRS
• Minimum: One year experience with SSAS or one complete development cycle
• Knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence methodologies and best practices
• Experience programming in relational data base technologies specifically Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience writing and performance tuning SQL Server stored procedures
• Strong data analysis skills using SQL
• Skilled in performance tuning SSRS packages and SSAS cubes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal relations skills, ability to effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a team
• Ability to initiate and follow through on assignments
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently, research and resolve questions and problems
401(k) with generous company match
Empyrean Consulting, Inc.