Join a growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our client is an Independent Physician Association. We are seeking a Senior Healthcare Business Analyst to coordinate and implement business intelligence projects covering areas such as performance measurement, case management, and HEDIS, intervention and health plan financials.
As a Healthcare Business Analyst, you will coordinate and actively contribute to the business intelligence projects throughout the development life cycle from initial analysis, prototyping, design, and development all the way through to implementation, Quality Assurance and user acceptance. You will also serve as a liaison between your team and other technical and functional teams to document and translate requirements and technical specifications.
Your specific duties as a Healthcare Business Analyst will include:
Meeting with functional teams to help them frame their business requirements
Assessing the timeline, scope and impact of projects
Gathering and documenting business and technical specifications and mitigation plans.
Performing the appropriate data analysis to validate the technical requirements
Supporting the development teams in the understanding of the business and technical requirements
Document technical reports/specs detailing the methodology, procedures, outcomes, and observations as part of the data processing and analytical steps in the projects.
Building data test cases.
Development, maintenance and standardization of processes through the use of scripts, stored procedures and packages.
Validating data test cases and test results against requirements
Managing user acceptance testing
Coordinating and reporting overall project status to technical and business leadership
Providing consultative, technical and staff support as appropriate
*********Applicant must be a non-smoker per company policy
As a Healthcare Business Analyst you must be self-motivated and well organized. You must also have strong analytic and problem-solving skills as well as strong multitasking and time-management skills. You must also have excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills. It is vital that you be able to effectively communicate technical information to persons from both business and technical teams.
Specific qualifications for the Healthcare Business Analyst position include:
Bachelor’s degree in any field.
• 5 years business analysis experience overall with 2 years in the healthcare industry
• Demonstrated experience in healthcare business intelligence or data warehousing with BI tools like SSIS and SSRS.
• Demonstrated experience in business intelligence development efforts from analysis to implementation
• Skill in developing business and technical requirements for healthcare reporting or business intelligence efforts
• Skill in developing technical specifications for business intelligence system components such as ETL, cubes, reports, dashboards and KPIs.
• Skill in performing data analysis to troubleshoot data quality issues, develop technical specifications and test data results
• Strong follow-through skills
• Healthcare financial domain experience