Join a growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We are seeking a Data Warehouse ETL Developer to develop and support ETL processes for the OUR CLIENT’s data warehouse.
Under the general supervision of the ETL Manager, the Data Warehouse developer performs a variety of tasks to deliver data warehousing solutions that exceed customer expectations in content, accuracy, reliability and performance. The incumbent will develop scalable, well-performing ETL processes for the data warehouse, intermediate data stores, and data marts for source data acquisition, data hygiene, staging, transformations, loading, error handling, updating, change control, integration, and data transmission to partner organizations. This requires expert technical skills in data warehousing.
Your specific duties as a Data Warehouse Developer will include:
• Documenting the SSIS packages and ETL flows
• Maintaining technical documentation as changes occur.
• Working closely with the Business Analyst, and ETL Manager to develop solutions for the organization,
• Working closely with the ETL Manager and Data Management Director to ensure tasks are identified and appropriately estimated
• Designing, coding and testing ETL processes based on available staff and project deliverable timelines.
• Working on any or all iterations for one or more subject areas within the data warehouse as determined by the priorities of the department’s workload.
• Serving the needs of all entities under the OUR CLIENT umbrella, and is required to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality in all phases of the project.
• Working in a complex environment while working on development projects and maintaining the existing production environment.
As a Data Warehouse Developer you must be self-motivated and well organized. You must be able to apply initiative in carrying out assigned tasks. You must also have strong analytic and problem-solving skills as well as strong time-management skills. You must also have excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of health care business processes and terminology is preferred.
Specific qualifications for the Data Warehouse ETL Developer position include:
• Bachelor degree from accredited college or University in Information Systems, Business Administration, Health Care Informatics or closely related field
• Minimum: Four years of Information Technology experience
• Minimum: Two years data warehousing design and development experience as an ETL Developer
• Minimum: Two years experience with SSIS
• Strong skills in data warehousing process design and development using the SSIS data warehousing tool suite
• Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and best practices
• Experience programming in relational data base technologies specifically Oracle and SQL Server
• Strong data analysis using SQL
• Skilled in performance tuning ETL processes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal relations skills, ability to effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a team
• Ability to initiate and follow through on assignments
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently, research and resolve questions and problems