The Project Lead plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects of varying sizes to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within a determined timeframe and in a cost effective manner. Establishes work plans to determine schedule, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources in the project phases.
Directs the process of planning, organizing, staffing, managing and controlling a
project. Develops and maintains a project plan, project budget and other project
documentation. Conducts project meetings. Participates in all phases of project
implementation including planning, evaluating, selecting, testing and training.
Provides technical and analytical expertise and product knowledge required to
provide for successful implementation and continued support. Coordinates
Coordinates and assists in preparation of documentation and functional
specifications, conversion specifications, interface specifications, maintenance
procedures, and all other project documentation as needed. Ensures
documentation is maintained for all changes applied to systems.
Fulfills requests for help, special reports/queries, error diagnosis & resolution
and other requests for assistance from end users. Develops new database
queries and reports on supported applications in response to work orders.
Trains end users on supported applications. Stimulates efficient and effective
use, by end users, of supported applications.
Provides consultative services to assigned areas and serves as a liaison between
management, users and other assigned personnel. Serves as the primary
contact for problem resolution, user interaction and status of projects, preparing
reports as needed.
Assembles, compiles and analyzes needs and requirements from stakeholders.
Consults with other knowledgeable sources. Researches and formulates
possible solutions. Coordinates with stakeholders to select the best solution
and implements that solution.
Establishes, distributes and maintains operating procedures, end user training
materials and end user documentation. Conducts end user training sessions.
Develops Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Inquiry (RFIs) and
evaluates vendor responses to such. Recommends a course of action upon
evaluation of vendor responses to an RFP or RFI.
Education: BS Degree – REQUIRED
• 8+ years of IT experience
• 5+ years as a Project Manager
• 5+ years experience with Data Warehousing and Analytics work
• Experience leading teams rolling out BI functionality using tools such as Cognos, BO, SSRS etc.
• Recognized for project management skills and possess a strong track record from project delivery stand point
• Business Analysis and Project Management Experience, PMI Certification preferred
• Conducting current state assessments and performing gap analysis and develop future state realizing stakeholder vision
• Prefer experience with Healthcare data analyzing claims and patient health data
• Knowledge of Healthcare industry and up to date understanding of the transformation healthcare industry is going through
• Excellent communication and overall analytical skills