The successful employee will plan, design, code, test, debug, configure and document ETL application systems solutions. Will work with other technical team members to deploy technical solutions using design, coding and testing standards. Will train and support less experienced developers and be a leader in supporting methodologies and processes as well as streamlining development (focus on reusable code) for faster delivery to end customers.
1. Performs data analysis on multiple source systems per project needs. Designs and develops mappings in Informatica PowerCenter to accommodate business requirements for data extraction, transformation and loading. Designs ETL workflow with job dependencies and scheduling.
2. Designs and develops web service mappings in Informatica PowerCenter. Develops stored procedures using Oracle PL/SQL to extend PowerCenter functionality. Designs and develops exception and error handling. Designs and develops data verifications and validation processes. Tunes and optimizes ETL jobs for performance and throughout. Interacts with data modelers and DBAs on data designs optimal for ETL performance.
3. Designs and develops test plans for unit testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
4. Manages production deployments and automation. Manages monitoring, job control and production support. Owns third level support for production issues related to ETL environment.
5. Manages security in terms of developer and user access. Manages installation, configuration and upgrades of Informatica PowerCenter software. Own activities associated with maintaining Informatica PowerCenter repository with ETL and metadata information.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required
– 7+ years’ of experience in ETL development using Informatica PowerCenter.
– 7+ years’ experience in Data Warehousing, with thorough knowledge of start/snowflake schemas.
– Demonstrated experience structuring ETL environments based on best practice.
– 5+ years’ experience with Unix shell scripting required.
– 5+ years’ experience in database query tuning and handling large volume of data.
– Experience with Informatica PowerCenter administration preferred.
– Experience with ETL Appliances such as Netezza and Teradata preferred.
– Experience with real time data processing and web services in Informatica PowerCenter with knowledge of its XML components preferred.
– Excellent documentation and communication skills.
Melanie Mays Kirk
Empyrean Consulting, Inc.
My Visual CV