This position is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the Lawson environment and applications on UNIX-AIX/ORACLE and Windows architecture. Position requires an experienced Lawson technical professional. Designs, implements and maintains automated and manual systems. Works with users in the support of business applications.
Closely monitors the performance of specific computer/communications network components to ensure system availability and to verify smooth system operations. Implements, monitors and maintains specified systems. Defines and implements backup and recovery procedures. Conducts performance tests as necessary. Revises existing systems and procedures to correct problems. Identifies documents, resolves and communicates solutions and system problems to users. Ensures system efficiency and security.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Information Management, Business, Technology, or related field in order to provide consultative and technical expertise to customers.
• At least 3 years of Lawson technical experience.
• Install patches/cyclical/upgrades to the Lawson Environment, Applications and peripheral products (Lawson Business Intelligence, Mobile Supply Chain Management, etc.)
• Knowledgeable in Lawson 9.x applications (Supply Chain and Finance) is a plus.
• Must have ability be on-call 24 hours.
• Ability to maintain file systems, directories, log files, print files and work files.
• Experience in UNIX/Windows commands as well as with shell scripting.
• Experience in concepts of LDAP tools (ADAM/ADLDS).
• Administration experience with Lawson System Foundation 9 in a multi-tiered environment.
• Administration experience with Lawson peripheral products (Lawson Business Intelligence & Mobile Supply Chain Management).
• Administration experience with Business Process Management (ProcessFlow).
• Experience with ImageNow or an equivalent Document Management System integration with Lawson as well as other Host applications.
• Ability to coordinate and track patch promotion from test to production environments.
• Administration experience in IBM middleware components such as WebSphere.
• Ability to work with DBA to create Oracle instances and ongoing maintenance.
• Strong analytical abilities required to interact with customers to evaluate work and provide technical assistance.
• Good interpersonal skills required to interact with customers and clients and provide technical assistance to resolve problems.
• Good organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively.
Empyrean Consulting, Inc.