Healthcare EDW Manager–Business Intelligence/IT (1)
As a Healthcare EDW Manager, you will support and enhance OUR CLIENT’S’s data warehouse environment. You will report to the Director of Data Management and function as the liaison between your team and other department managers and directors.
Your specific duties as a Healthcare EDW Manager will include:
Managing and supervising Healthcare Business Intelligence Developers, ETL Architects, ETL Developers
• Lead team delivery, which includes working across peer teams to deliver product, drive process improvement, oversee work management, and provide team communication, direction, and support.
• Provide guidance, coaching and development opportunities appropriate to each direct report’s individual needs. Perform all necessary management functions, including hiring, evaluations, merit allocations, and disciplinary action as required.
• Serve as main point of contact for Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Warehouse business partners by understanding business objectives, ensuring alignment, driving regular communication, and managing delivery assurance.
• Manage the evolution of our EDW and BI solutions by working closely with business and IT stakeholders to evolve strategy and ensure strategy alignment.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of enterprise systems integration, technical design & development standards, including knowledge of best practices for performance & maintainability, and appropriate product/tool analysis & selection.
• Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and techniques, Enterprise Data Warehouse design and usage concepts, including knowledge of best practices.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing to effectively handle sensitive issues and facilitate critical interactions.
• Strong proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate team members.
• Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building and employee coaching skills.
• Effectively create and foster a positive team environment that gives way to collaboration and unified goals.
• Excellent prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple job duties in a fast paced environment.
• Developing necessary skill sets within the BI and ETL teams
• Developing, maintaining and enforcing departmental policy and procedures
• Developing, implementing and maintaining ETL solutions.
• Developing and enforcing best practices and standards.
• Maintaining an overall plan of projects and efforts
• Coordinating efforts with other managers and supervisors within the Data Management department
• Assessing the scope and impact of projects
• Documenting technical requirements
• Responsible for development, unit testing, integration testing, system testing activities
• Supporting the development teams in the understanding of the technical requirements
• Managing and reporting overall development project status
• Providing consultative, technical and staff support as appropriate
• Evaluating new technologies, tools and methods that could help support the ETL environment
• Working with database administrators to ensure that ETL processes are tuned for optimal performance.
• Support the enterprise with skilled development resources, knowledge and tools to improve the quality and speed of information delivery to the business.
• Accountable for all ETL support activities, including delegating tasks.
• Mentoring ETL team members in the use of ETL tools and best practices
As the Healthcare Business EDW Manager you must be self-motivated and well organized. You must also have strong problem-solving skills as well as strong multitasking and time-management skills. You must also have excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills. It is vital that you be able to effectively communicate technical information to persons from technical teams at variety of levels.
Specific qualifications for the EDW Manager position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in any field
• 10 years of experience overall
• Demonstrated management or supervisory experience
• Direct experience managing multiple platforms and ETL tools
• Experience with Oracle, Cognos, Stored Procedures, and Netezza a huge plus
• Demonstrated experience managing ETL enhancement efforts from design to implementation
• Skill in performing data analysis to troubleshoot data quality issues, develop/validate technical specifications and test data results
• Strong follow-through skills
• Two years of healthcare industry experience preferred
Empyrean Consulting, Inc.