Systems Analyst III position –
Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of experience or 10+ years of experience in healthcare and data warehousing
The Systems Analyst III acts as a consultant to user departments to enhance existing business
applications and to facilitate solutions to meet business requirements, ensuring that all related
applications are consistent with overall organizational strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Project management, analysis, processing skills preferred
– Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
– SQL certification preferred
- Recommends, plans, tests upgrades and conversions
of applications and products to improve data integrity and functionality. Ensures
appropriate integration of new applications and projects with existing production
applications. Continues technical support post-system implementation and
assists with additional corrections and enhancements.
- tests programs according to system
standards or mentors/supervises other junior level staff performing this
- Troubleshoots problems, implements changes to resolve issues and documents
- May act as project leader to develop, program, implement, and maintain a system
- Produces project plans for implementation.
- Reviews and develops interface specifications and advises manager on best
approach for implementation.
- Develops team understanding of overall project, working with customers in
planning and designing of new system functionality and enhancements to
existing functions. Documents current workflow and assesses future needs.
- Communicates project status to management, including meeting minutes,
project timelines, and issue logs.
- Participates in current and future directions of the industry while maintaining
awareness of new technologies to assist in the planning and design of new and
- Trains and assists in the development of personnel as needed.